Who We Are
Men For Christ Ministries (MFCM Inc) was formed in 2004, after three Christian men saw a need for a practical, biblical based conference for men in the west of Sydney.
They shared this vision with other Christian men, and identified their aims as:
- To transform men in Christ through the Spirit applying God’s word to real-life struggles.
- To enable men to share and pray with other Christians in a non-threatening atmosphere.
- To inspire Christian men by hearing about established ministries to men.
- To establish conferences and seminars as a springboard for evangelistic outreach.
- To empower churches in creative outreach for men.
This was to be based on the underlying ethos of:
- The Apostles Creed, the Nicene Creed and the Athanasian Creed.
- The value – love God and your neighbour as shown by Jesus.
- The acceptance of the Bible as God’s word and the base of all our teaching and action.
- To hold to the direction of Jesus as found in Matthew 28:18-20.
In 2005 the first conference was staged at Tyndale Christian school. The organisers stepped out in faith and were delighted that over 120 men attended. Over the next two years attendance grew quickly to the point that in 2008 the conference was moved to the larger facilities at UWS Parramatta.
The core group has now grown to a dozen men from several evangelical western Sydney churches. The focus is on producing a godly and practical conference with Christian speakers who come from a range of evangelical denominations and backgrounds, while allowing topics to be covered that may be difficult to do in a group including women and children.